Below is a list of basic principles to be enforced to increase website traffic and give you guaranteed search engine optimization rankings?
1. Create a site with valuable content, products or services. You have heard it said that content is king!! So delivering great content, providing quality products and giving exceptional service is the key to laying the foundation for guaranteed SEO ranking.
2. Place primary and secondary keywords within the first 25 words in your page content and spread them evenly throughout the document. Keyword density is the next step to achieving guaranteed search engine optimization results.
- Keyword density is an indicator of the number of times the selected keyword appears in the web page. But mind you, keywords shouldn’t be over used, but should be just sufficient enough to appear at important places.
- The accepted standard for a keyword density is between 3% and 5%, to get recognized by the search engines and you should never exceed it.
3. Research and use the right keywords/phrases to attract your target customers. This is an important step in the process. If you are targeting keywords/phrases that no one is searching for then you will never attract traffic!!
- You need to choose those keywords that are frequently searched for and which is in high demand, but not being already used by many other websites and competitors, and thus has low competition. There are a number of keyword research tools that can help you find them.
- Google Keyword Tool generates potential keywords for your ad campaign and reports their Google statistics, including search performance and seasonal trends.
- One that I like and use is Micro Niche Finder this tool not only streamlines this process but give you some incredible stats.
- Use your keywords in the right fields and references within your web page. Like Title, META tags, Headers, etc.
- Here are a couple of tools that you can user to help improve your keyword search Micro Niche Finder and Keyword Elite
4. Keep your site design simple so that your customers can navigate easily between web pages, find what they want and buy products and services. One of the best platforms for building your website is the WordPress.org
- This blogging platform is not complicated when you consider that it's more of a plug-n-play type script for those who are not technically inclined or have the creative savvy as some do.
- WordPress is basically a content management system that is primarily used for running an online blog. Whether you are an individual or business, if your main focus is blogging by writing and posting articles, but you do not need specific features or functions like a link directory, or module based customization (more on this later), then WordPress is probably one of the easiest to get setup with.
- Changing the style and the look your WordPress blog is as easy as changing the theme, you can even add special features through premium themes like Socrates
5. Submit your web pages i.e. every web page and not just the home pag, to the most popular search engines and directory services. Hire someone to do so, if required. This can be a long process it you do it manually but it is a priority if you want
6. Keep track of changes in search engine algorithms and processes and accordingly modify your web pages so your search engine ranking remains high. Use online tools and utilities to keep track of how your website is doing. A great tool for this is Google Analytics
- Monitor your competitors and the top ranked websites to see what they are doing right in the way of design, navigation, content, keywords, etc.
- Use reports and logs from your web hosting company to see where your traffic is coming from. Analyze your visitor location and their incoming sources whether search engines or links from other sites and the keywords they used to find you.
7. Make your customer visit easy and give them plenty of ways to remember you in the form of newsletters, free reports, reduction coupons etc. This is a very important key to building business success online.
8. Article Marketing: Demonstrate your industry and product or service expertise by writing and submitting articles for your website or for article banks so you are perceived as an expert in your field. A couple of great tools that will help you to speed up this process and help you to automate it with Article Submitter and Directory Submitter.
9. Payment Process: When selling products online, use simple payment and shipment methods to make your customer’s experience fast and easy. PayPal is a great way to receive your payments online, But at some point you will also want to set up some sort of credit card processing as well!
10. Outsourcing those tasks that you don’t like or don’t know how to do! When not sure, hire professionals. Though it may seem costly, but it is a lot less expensive than spending your money on a website which no one visits.
- Always remember: Don’t look at your website as a static brochure. Treat it as a dynamic, ever-changing sales tool and location, just like your real store to which your customers with the same seriousness.